1 a girl with wanderlust: Goa Blues

Friday, March 14, 2008

Goa Blues

I'm afraid that a rant may happen as I'm feeling a bit pissed off this afternoon. The day started early with Cara and I up at the crack of dawn to wave Mum goodbye as she was taken to the airport to begin her long journey home. I'm sad to see her go and sad to have gotten up at 5.15 in the morning too!

Next it was back to bed and then up a little later to take in our first Indian yoga experience. This part was good if a little terrifying. The thought of doing yoga in the 'home land' scared me a bit and both C and I weren't sure what to expect. However, we met the friendly teacher - Rama - who was a master of very loud breathing and the very reasuring 'just push yourself' as I tried to get into all sorts of convoluted positions and hold it there while trying not to tremble with the effort and not sweat buckets. Even at 8am it was killer in the heat and we were doing it by the sea with a sea breeze. I lost 1/2 a stone, I kid you not. I did however, manage to strike the pose that I've shown in the picture ;)

After yoga it was back to the hotel for breakfast and some severe rehydration and lazing by the pool. Out for lunch which was divine even if it took about 45 minutes to arrive at the table and I practically ate the napkins I was so hungry. Then running the gauntlet of trying to get home without the need of a damned taxi, getting lied to about the closest internet place (no really, you need to take a taxi, it's too far to walk....bollocks!) and then back to the hotel again to escape them. I'm just tetchy!

Anjuna market however is the business. It runs on Wednesdays from 8am-6pm and we were there alllllllllllllllll day. It was so huge and so full of bargains and cool stuff; we didn't even see a 1/4 of it and we were on a mission. (Don't worry Zain I was very well behaved ;)) And that's about all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home