1 a girl with wanderlust: Ashram - week 1

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ashram - week 1

Hello outside world. I'm still alive and still in control of my mental faculties - I haven't gone to the dark side of tie-die yet!
I'm going to keep this short (unfortunately as I want to write hunners!) but I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hungry - I've lost 4 pounds in only 6 days and I need to feed myself - therefore, lunch comes first!
Mostly it's been 'interesting' and infuriating in equal measures. I'm not sure what I make of the whole senario and I think it will take until the end of the month to have a clear picture of how I feel about it; but it's fair to say already there's been tears, laughter, craziness, stretching and general going-through-a-highly-emotional-ride type of thing going on.
Now that I am in the outside world getting my fix of internet, I feel better, but when I get back to prison, sorry the ashram, I'm pretty sure the effects will wear off.
Bad points:
- snoring room mate - holy shit!
- the bland food
- the religious indoctrination

Good points:
- the other people are interesting and pretty cool
- being with Cara
- the physical aspect of yoga
- learning about the history and philosophies

Till next update which will be next Thursday. Write and tell me about the real world. Sorry that I couldn't get back to each of you in person. Hari Om (means hello, goodbye, whatever....I respect the GOD in you)

1 Comments:

At 6:02 pm, Blogger Lorna White (Shanks) said...

Ooooh Isla, I'm thinking about you lots. Sounds like an amazing experience - albeit a starving one! Don't worry you'll soon be back to deep fried mars bars! xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home