1 a girl with wanderlust: Ashram chic

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ashram chic

Cara and I made it safe and in one piece to the ashram yesterday. That's a bit of a miracle in itself given that the driver who took us from Mumbai to Nashik was a MANIAC, perhaps this is a sign of destiny which seems to be a big thing in the 'alternative' world.

Reserving judgement so far on what the experience and people are going to be like but I can share one thing - I am going to lose weight! The food so far has been fairly dire and there's not really enough to go round, and seconds are frowned upon, plus the rules include chewing each mouthful for 32 chews which, for me, means I'm bored by the time I swallow my food and can't be bothered to continue. This is essentially a new age fat camp. So I have ended up in the right place after all;)

Today is officially the first day of the course, but we have been allowed out so that we could do a bit of last minute shopping and emailing and the like. It seems I'll get one day off a week for me to get back to reality..bring it on. This afternoon is when the whole thing kicks off and we will all be 'initiated'. I am trying so hard to not let my cynical self overcome the experience, but I'll share how that's coming along too at the next opportunity.

Goodbye world of consurmerism and chat and TV and coffee and eating bad food, hello new world....

p.s. that photo is the actual place I'm in. I'm in the dorm rooms at the back, near the hill infested with snakes and scorpions. Nice.

3 Comments:

At 11:04 am, Blogger Susan Elena said...

Just step away from the tie-dye, yes there may be a tie-dye revival in the modern world courtesy of Top Shop but I can guarantee it will NOT be the same!

Have fun and enjoy the jaw ache x

 
At 8:33 am, Blogger Zain said...

you don't drink coffee anyway!!! Zx

 
At 8:34 am, Blogger Zain said...

PS - having to post letters tomorrow as it's a bank holiday weekend so everything has been closed. Hope they arrive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home