The end
Today is the last (fun) day of the trip. Tomorrow I head back to Bangkok via bus on the Dancing Road. So named for the fact that it's not really a road at all, but more of an off road experience in a mini-van. I have my travel sickness pills and a pissed off face at the ready. Yes people, it has come to that time of the tour when as much as I feel I have respectfully bonded with the other 11 people, I can't wait to have some bloody peace and quiet! A month has been good, but day 28 (tomorrow) is definitely the last one I can take. Lets just say I am reeeeeeeeeeeally looking forward to that beach and pool combo that I have lined up in my head.
Highlights:
- Wat Po (Bangkok)
- Angkor (Siem Reap)
- Hoi An tailors (Vietnam)
- Elephant ride (Luang Prabang)
- Shopping (everywhere!!!)
- Buddhist blessing (Chang Mai)
- Buddhist wedding (Siem Reap)
- Hanoi (Vietnam. I am a city girl at heart afterall!)
- Cyclos and riding on the back of motorbikes - I love it!
- Aspara dancing (Siem Reap. Absolutely divine and the costumes were amazing)
- Some of the food (not in Laos though. I thought they would be far more veggie orientated in this neck of the woods than they are, seeing as they are Buddhists, but I've been a bit disappointed)
There must be more, but I am so overwhelmed and looking forward to my dinner, that I can scarcely think of them.
Lowlights
- Being without Zain to share it all with
- Mozzies. If I don't get Malaria, it will be a miracle
- Asian courtesy. Non existent. I know it's a cultural experience, but day 27 just made me blow a gasket!
- Showering 4 times a day just to get cool and clean. Heat is good, but not this hot.
- Getting bad skin. It's a mystery???
- Bus travel

1 Comments:
I can't believe it's over already! What a cool adventure. The bad skin is probably due to the water. It'll clear up at the ashram - you'll be back all glowey and gorgeous. Miss you!!!!!!
(We've got a date in April! Can't wait!!!)
Post a Comment
<< Home