Lovely Luscious Laos
Let me just say that I love Laos so far. It has proved to be a lot friendlier than Thailand and the people are just so open and smiley here which makes communication a lot easier.
Top stories so far from Laos
- being pinched and touched and prodded by the Lao hill tribe women and then having a very meaningful conversation in smiles and sign language about why I am so white and they are so dark
- Seeing a secret cave full of gold buddhas
- Wandering around the fabulous Luang Prabang
- Buying handwoven hill tribe silks
- Staying in our amazing guest house where you get a semi outdoor shower, breakfast in bed and sassy mozzie nets
- Watching men speed up the Mekong river wearing crash helmets - bizarre
- Staying over in a guest house where the electricity only operates for 4 hours a day and there is no hot water
- Trying Lao Lao the local rice whiskey. Not to my liking, but had to be done
There is much to love and see in Laos. Going Elephant riding the day after tomorrow and in fact we're going to drop in on a Lao wedding tomorrow. Fun, fun, fun.

1 Comments:
Wow, Isla!! It sounds like you are having a blast... keep a record (addresses and tel)of the nicest things for me, so that one day (in the near future, I hope) I will do get to do a bit of touring too :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home