1 a girl with wanderlust: Week 37

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Week 37

This has to have been one of the most boring weeks at work ever. I have had NOTHING to do and bascially had to entertain myself and make up work to keep me occupied. After this week, I have a very deep and powerful knowledge about Britney Spears and her VMA's performance, and of course all those other terribly interesting famous people...yawn, yawn, yawn. I have also managed to book all our accommodation for our upcoming trip to south and west Australia (only 12 days to go), think about things we should do when we are there and do extensive research on said things. I have also booked and paid for Zain and I's flights home and secured our Indochina loop tour. So although it was boring, at least it has been productive.

Seeing as it was a sloooooooow week, I decided to do a bit of Sydney exploring today. I went to Newtown and walked the King Street. Newtown is essentially the freaky side of Sydney. Lots of goths, gays and students, with a handful of yummy mummys out of their territory thrown in for good measure. Needless to say I was well out of my depth. But it was a beautiful day and I wanted to make the most of my walking plans, so walk the Kings Street I did. Down one side and up the other, all 8km of it round trip. It is a real eclectic mix of shops, restaraunts, people's homes and welfare centres. To be honest, Sydney is pretty much middle of the road, so it was nice to see the freakish come out!

Sunday - more running. An early start to get prepared for the 6.20am (yes I know!) start for the half marathon next Sunday. I'm kind of looking forward to the race. I will get to run across the bridge with hundreds of other people and then the finish line is at the Opera House - how spectacular is that! Did 17km this morning; running along the main shopping streets of Sydney and having a sneaky little window shop along the way, also a bit of sightseeing and new places (for me anyway - this is one of the good things about running!!) and then finished up having a lovely Sunday morning breakfast (which Sydney does very well) at this cute little cafe in Surrey Hills. A well earned banana bread and hot chocolate was had. I have spent my afternoon working on my sewing machine and taking up a pair of trousers that I bought recently. This is exciting news! It worked and they are not wonky or anything, so feeling very pleased with myself. I need to use that machine more. Planning to take some more courses come the end of October when the new courses start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home