1 a girl with wanderlust: The People's Act of Love

Sunday, September 02, 2007

The People's Act of Love


This is my most recent read and I had been looking forward to it. It's good, but not as good as the review that I remember recommended it to be. It's train/plane travel readable, but it's not making it onto my must read/keep list. There is a good joke in the book though: A murderer takes a little girl into the woods at night. It's dark, the trees are moaning in the wind, and there is no one else about. The little girl says to the man: 'I'm frightened.' And the murderer says: 'You're frightened? I'm the one who's going to have to go home by myself!'. Now that is hilarious!

I also like this passage: We live our lives like writing. The pen moves over the paper in regular lines. The past is written and can be read, the future is blank, and the pen must stay in the word that is being written now. The Mohican lives like drawing. He draw one stroke after the other, but the strokes can be anywhere on the paper. When you watch, the strokes look disjointed and meaningless, but in his mind he sees the whole picture, complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home