1 a girl with wanderlust: Love my rifle....

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Love my rifle....


Love my rifle more than you - Young and Female in the US army, by Kayla Williams.

I picked this book up initially as it had shoes on the front, but I was glad I did, as when I read the back it sounded like a very interesting read. She was involved in the most recent Gulf/Iraq war and I was intrigued to find out how it had been for her as a woman, but also to get a behind the scenes look at what really was going on.

And she definitley delivers. There is no hiding with this woman. She really tells it like it is and I liked that about the book. She is brutally honest about the sexism and mysogeny that exist in a male dominated environment and also about some of the traumatic stuff that happened when she was out on tour. I can imagine that it caused a real scandal when it was published. A real eye-opener and worth the read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home