1 a girl with wanderlust: Ki Yoga

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ki Yoga


On Monday night I tried Ki Yoga for the first time. One of the girls from work, A, is a student teacher and has been practicing for the last couple of years and was covering a class (local to me) for a friend of hers who is away on holiday. Can I just say WOW. I have done a fair bit of yoga in the past and have even taken a couple of classes since I have been here in Sydney, but nothing prepared me for Ki Yoga.

It is totally hardcore. It is a discipline of yoga which (I think) originated in Japan, but based on 'traditional' yoga and blended with Japanese theory on meridien lines and stuuuuuuuuff. So, anyway...I went along to an early evening class and then headed on to dance afterward. I have NEVER worked so hard in a class. It is all based on strength with a secondary element of stretching - my tummy, thighs and butt are going to be incredible if I continue this class. Some of the poses were totally crazy, how we were meant to do them was completely lost to me, but I must have done something right as today I am feeling the burn.

Watch this space...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home