Spring is in the air

Well, 1st of September means the official arrival of spring, and that actually counts for something here. The last week has been full of glorious mornings, clear skys and mild evenings, which is exactly the kind of weather I love, plus it hasn't got the heat and humidity to go with the sun - even better. I am also reliably informed that this is the start of the warm weather and we need not look back. I know I complained and moaned about the 'winter' weather here, which is nothing in comparisson to what I am used to (or the summer most of the UK has experienced, but they just 'do' bad weather over here so badly!! It's practically impossible to buy suitable clothing, the houses/units don't have central heating and lots of drafty gaps and it is just bloody wet and cold and everyone is in denial as this is mean to be a sunshine blessed place! Hoooooowever,
that is all over now (with a few hiccoughs to go no doubt, it's a bit chilly this evening, but it has been a stunning day for sunshine) so lots of beach and light clothing to look forward to, it is almost too warm to wear jeans now unless you are a hardy Aussie. This new burst of sunshine has also promted a bit of a change in my skin care regime. I have been a veeeeeeeery good girl and purchased some factor 30+ spf for face/neck for my daily walks to work. Recently in the office there have been some horror stories about skin cancer removal and basically most folk look a good few years older than they should due to excess sun - not a look I intend to go for.
Anyway, moving on from being a responsible grown up...lets talk flowers.....Sydney is in bloom and it is stunning. I really do wake up in the morning and I am just so happy to be here and alive and able to appreciate the lack of rain and the plethora of sunshine and the various goodies that brings. On my way to work, the streets are lined with trees that are bursting with blooms of so many colours and the birds are out with all their brightly coloured plummage. It is just sooooooooooooooo gorgeous. Isn't it great to be alive? Plus it only gets better from here on in...are you jealous yet? In fact I bought some 'natives' as they are known over here (flowers/blooms people, come on!) for a friend who is pregnant and soon to give birth, so wanted to mark the occasion with a great bouquet. They were gorgeous (but being remis, I forgot to take a photo!), however, you can take my word for it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home