1 a girl with wanderlust: A quick summary of where we are to date

Thursday, August 09, 2007

A quick summary of where we are to date

Tuesday 10th July 2007

(I wrote this ages ago as you can see from the date - a month ago to be exact...)
Once again, I have not written up my activities for AGES. This is what always happens in my life when I decided to keep a diary of my comings and goings – I get bored of myself and then I hate the fact that I haven’t been keeping it up and then it just seems like a better idea to just stop and be done with it.

So in the last couple of weeks I have:

- I went to see Pricilla Queen of the Desert, the stage show, which was PHENOMENAL! I loved every second and couldn’t stop smiling. Even now when I think about it, I love it and it makes me happy.
- I have been ill with a cold/viral thing which has made me impossibly tired and have basically spent the last 5 days in bed and working and feeling like crap (my excuse for not doing anything)
- I have admitted to myself that I am addicted to reading other people’s blogs. I just can’t stop myself. I do it all day at work and it’s a bit like OCD – I have a routine and everything! Mostly I check the blogs of people I actually know (so at least that is something) but I also love to read other random people’s thoughts and just muse away to myself. Special mention must go to Susan who is keeping up her travel blog very well and I am chuckling away to myself quite the thing at work and keeping myself greatly amused
- I have been out on the lash again and made myself very ill. I pay very heavily for an evening with too many drinks these days.
- I have taken to wearing as many clothes as is humanly possible in bed and in general round the flat because it is SO cold (I can report that 1 month later this has thankfully changed - I'm now too hot!)
- My obsession with patternmaking is not fading. I am definitely going to sign up for more classes and I also want to do a sewing one too, but I’m just too skint to be able to afford it just now. In an effort to keep going though, I went to the library tonight to get some books and try and figure some stuff out at home! Last Sunday (I stayed in all day due to feeling crappy) I drafted a pattern and then made a pair of trousers which was much better than my first attempt which basically were made for some kind of very tall clown creature! And that is SO not the look I was going for! This most recent pair are ok, but could do with some fine tuning before I even think about making them up properly. Everything I make at the moment is just Calico which makes me look like a prison escapee.
- I am waiting to hear about my job. Tomorrow is the big day. For a while there I kind of gave up thinking that I might get taken on and ‘be on the books’. But yesterday, CE (my boss) called me into her office to discuss ‘salary’ with me. As if it were a discussion! They pay shit, but it is better than what I get at the moment, so there was no discussion, it was like ‘yes please!’. So fingers crossed that the bosses on the 3rd floor approve my placement and away we go. It won’t change my life, but it will make spending money and saving for holidays a bit more bearable (I got the job, so now I am going to be working with CH9 until the end of the year which is kind of nice actually. Will make life a lot easier and they seem to really want me to stay. Some of the people told me they are going to start a petition for CH9 to take me on properly with sponsorship and stuff - how sweet is that!)
- Zain and I go on holiday in just over 2 weeks – how exciting! We have mostly got it all planned and Zain (because he is a star and a real trouper) has done most of the hard work and the booking and the phoning around etc….I am a lucky devil I know. On another note, he bought me a pair of trousers the other day (to stop me whinging about a lack of suitable clothing I’m sure) which was so sweet of him. He is a good egg – chocolate! My favourite.
- Glasgow bombings. Duh? Need I say anymore? What is the problem with these people – Glasgow? Very, very glad that no-one was hurt and was very shocked to not know about it until someone at work mentioned it to me – shame on me. I am now reading the BBC website so that I don’t lose contact with what is actually happening in the world.
- Next weekend Zain and I and a group of people I know through someone at work, are heading up to the Hunter Valley (wine region close to Sydney) for a weekend of vineyards, booze, food and roaring log fires; and I can’t wait. Bring on the vineyards. That plus the place we are staying is so Aussie and full of old school charm – check it out www.mullavilla.com.au
- Kristin and Matt are moving to Shetland for part of this new madness that is NHS doctor placements. I reckon it is going to be the time of their lives. Good luck peeps!
- I am into Facebook. If you don’t have it yet – why on Earth not!!!???
- My fitness regime has gone out of the window…since I have been poorly and all that ;). Need to be a good girl and get back on track otherwise I will have no excuse to buy an amazing bikini! (and the summer is just round the corner!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home