Great news!

Well...I found out some great news today. I thought the visa I had to be out here meant that I could only work for 6 months at a time and that meant that I was going to have to move on from Channel 9 unless I got sponsorship. That wasn't going to be 100% awful, as it is always good to get as much experience in different places (in my opinion at least) but I have kind of gotten into a routine with CH9 and it is all nice and easy...bla, bla, bla. Soooooooooo anyway, I decided to call the immigration help line which is one of those really irritating phone lines which of course mean that you need to hold on to talk to them for ages (like an hour) but seeing as I was at work I thought what the hell. So I held on and on and on (you get the picture) and I did actually finally get to talk to a real person. I was chuffed to bits that I had managed to get through almost more than anything else. So I had a bit of a chat with the advisor and explained my situation and she told me the good news. I AM FREE TO DO WHAT I WANT! That's right, I can work whereever and for however long I want and I am not restricted by my visa - such good news!!! This means that I will stay on with CH9 until the end of the year and I don't have to stress about finding another job or feeling that I have to commit to getting sponsorship with them. Aaaaaaand relax. This is good news too as it should give me the chance to be a bit more flexible with work in that if something else comes up I will be able to grab it. I don't know if I have blogged yet about another job that I may/may not be able to get which is with one of the local programmes called A Current Affair and the job that might be going (it is all up in the air...nothing is ever certain in TV, things are getting canned all over the place) is for a Unit Manager, which is basically the person who does all the organising for the departments' money, logistics, etc...Sounds right up my street...but of course only time will tell. I wil also have to get past my gatekeeper (my boss) to see if I can actually move from where I am...I don't think she would like to let me go as she knows she has a bargain on her hands. Anyway...will keep you posted. Sorry once again for the lack of recent blogging, I don't seem to have been doing that much...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home