A big week
Monday – Thursday back at work and plodding along. I have finally decided to try and do the sponsorship thing, so have investigated all the info and given in to my boss at work too as she is going to have to work towards it too. I kind of feel weird about it and no sooner had I made the decision to do that re: staying in the finance department, then a job practically landed on my desk to work at The Catch Up in a PA role which sounds a lot more fun and with more potential than what I am doing now…but of course, they would have to sponsor me and I am only a temp…yadayada. God I hate all that crap! At the same time, people say that the show is going down the tubes, so I shouldn’t jump ship yet and all that…what should I do? My boss has been kind enough to say she would sponsor me to stay on with them in the finance dept. but the other job seems (note seems) a lot more interesting and creative. Anyways….I’m just putting it out of my head for this very second.
Also this week I have fallen and fallen badly. I was out for a 10km run and when I was half way round (isn’t that always the way) I took an almighty tumble and flew though the air a bit like superman and rolled and bounced down the hill. It was pretty stylish I thought. So I have taken both my palms off, taken a dent out of my elbow, I have interesting scratches up my back (and house key marks) and I have a very big and bounced looking bruise on my hip. I look a state, that and I can now hardly touch anything because my hands hurt so much! (I’m writing this a week later, and the hands are still no better) 
Also on Thursday night Zain and I managed to get freebie tickets to see Pirates of the Caribbean courtesy of CH9. I think the fact that it was free and felt a bit premiereshipish was the best part. The film itself was ok, but I still like number 1 best and I suppose that is mostly how it goes with those kinds of trilogies. There were some good bits, some laughs, and some handsome men, but over all, I just wasn’t that into it. Plus it looks like they are going to try and follow it up with another sequel, which I think just smacks of making money!
Friday brought about Warren’s last day at work. I am sad. Warren is/was an intern at CH9 which makes him about the same age as my wee brother, so I think that he was a bit of a replacement for Arran, plus we got on really well and could have a great laugh! So, I was very sad that he was leaving us, but we did get to have the best free night out ever on Friday. Basically we rocked up at this very trendy place down at Darling Harbour where we commandeered most of the top floor even although there was only about 8 of us! And we got started straight away; well you have to when it is on the company Amex. Wine, wine and more wine; spot of lunch and then onto the champers which I drank for the rest of the night.
As you can imagine I was a bit worse for wear but that wasn’t going to stop me get some dancing action in as we headed back along the wharf and into Bungalow 8 and then upstairs to The Loft. Apparently these are the trendiest places to go in Sydney, but they sure as shit got the Isla dancing treatment! All in all I had a great night and managed to stay on my own two feet which is a bit of an achievement. Saturday – needless to say today was a right off. Totally. I didn’t sleep well and then had to go out and do a few bits and pieces before finally falling asleep at midday. I was a very sorry sight! However, when Zain got home we headed out for some pizza as you always need that after a heavy night and I was carbohydrate loading for my race the next morning.
Sunday – Up very early doors. Very. Arose and shone at 6.30am in preparation for my big race. Headed down the road, as the race started about 3km away from the flat so that was a really nice early walk down there. Some other people from work were racing too and I was amazed that I managed to find them. So we hung out for a bit and then got ready to run. I wasn’t too bothered about being at the front and just wanted to get on with it! The race was in support of MS and it was only 8km, but it takes place in one of the hilliest parts of town.
The race was horrible. Very narrow parts, cars still allowed on the road and making no allowance for the runners, off road sections, people walking. I was pissed off. After a bit of a slow start seeing as people who can barely run decide that they too will try and keep up with you, it took me about 10 minutes or more just to get through them all, but by the half way mark they were flagging and then I got a decent run. I did it in 44 minutes and came in in 394th place. I’m pretty pleased about that.
Headed home afterwards of course and treated myself to some croissants to celebrate and then went out for some shopping time before heading to the pub in the afternoon to catch up with J and S to celebrate their engagement. Was a fun afternoon and Zain met a new buddy so that is good too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home