1 a girl with wanderlust: Week 19 update

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Week 19 update

I know I have been totally slack AGAIN, but I seem to have lost my compulsive 'must blog' bug.

So, here goes with the goss on week 19...

Monday – Before I went to work this morning, Zain told me that he had a surprise for me and it would be here when I got home. How intriguing and exciting. I was most surprised when I got home to discover that he really did have a surprise for me – a sewing machine! And a really good one at that! He had overheard a woman at work saying she was getting a new one and he asked if he could have her old one – what a gem Zain is. I’m absolutely chuffed because it is a really good machine and it means that I will be able to put my pattern cutting activities into practical form. How exciting…

Tuesday – Not an especially exciting day unless you count going for a run and doing interval training as exciting? Need to get my speed up for the big race, training is going fairly well, but I’m only running twice a week as I have the evening class.

Wednesday – It’s my evening of chilling out, eating and watching TV, so it was a really nice surprise to get a phone call from Cara.. Spoke to her for an hour which was absolute bliss! And really made my day. Thanks for phoning sister!

Thursday – I look forward to Thursdays as it is my pattern cutting evening class. It is so interesting, such hard work and will (hopefully) be really useful! However, the class gets a bit carried away and people tend to stay longer than the 9pm finish, and that includes me, but it won’t be continuing that way. Tonight just as the class was finishing up, I heard a familiar voice and saw a familiar face – how is that possible, you ask? Seeing as I have only been here for 4 and a bit months and I don’t know anyone, well…unfortunately it turns out it was one of my old students from the English teaching days. Emre. I really, really, really dislike Emre. He is a total sleeze, sexist bastard and thinks all gays should die (does this give you a hint to his character?) So basically I was NOT pleased to see him. So I was like, crap! How am I going to get out of this without him noticing it is me? Well, I tried all the usual tricks – keeping my back to him, messing up my hair, hoping that I looked so shit that he wouldn’t recognise me. Unfortunately, none of that worked and people started to say goodbye and calling out my name. He recognised me and it frightened me. I had to pretend to be pleased to see him – ‘Oh Emre, what a surprise!’, but of course I couldn’t get out of there soon enough. I was scared too. As I walked to the station, I kept looking over my shoulder as I was scared that he may follow me. Next week, I will be leaving at 9 sharp! Will keep you posted.

Today, I also got another job offer from Cheryl – do I want it? Should I take it? She told me to find out about how she can sponsor me…but can I really stuff boxes and answer phones for another 6 months!? I don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth and at least it would mean definite work for the rest of the year, but arg! The thought of being trapped – I hate it! What do you think?

Friday – Hurrah! It’s the end of the week! Zain and I went out for a bit of a date – dinner then cinema. First we went out for dinner at Iwa, which is an amazing Japanese restaurant, which has very stylised interior and staffing and the food portions were enormous! We saw the History Boys which I had wanted to see when we were in the UK, but it has just come out here. On the way home we picked up some beers and then Zain suggested that we watch 28 days later which he had just downloaded. Now I don’t mind horror/thriller sometimes, but I haven’t watched any for ages, so maybe my tolerance is down, but I was VERY scared. It isn’t the scary ghouls or anything like that, it is just the concept, because it could TOTALLY happen and that is what was so frightening about it. Needless to say, I didn’t have a good night’s sleep.

Saturday – Got up early to get some pressies in for the birthday girls (Mum and Auntie Julie) and hit up Paddington market to get the choicest handmade gifts. Then off to the Power House Museum to have a good look round. It is enormous! And seems to have a bit of everything. I really enjoyed it, but was too tired after a while and was damn hungry! Got take out Thai which I love! Then headed out for some dancing with Les and a couple of new girls. It was so much fun! I danced all night and learnt some new steps and got asked to dance by some lovely gentlemen! A great night out and I can’t wait to repeat it.

Sunday – 11 miles! I ran 11 miles all by myself and I actually made it! I rock! Did it in a good time too. Because I was pretty knackered after that, Zain and I hit the cinema. I am a total sucker, but yes, I did go and see 28 weeks later (which is the very good sequel to 28 days later)– very scary as it seemed so real and likely. I’m frightened for all you mad things living over in Europe! I miss you, move to Australia immediately!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home