Week 18
Week 18
So far this week...I HAVE ADDED MORE TO THIS...
Monday – didn’t sleep well and got out of the wrong side of bed. Bit of a bastard day and was tired all day, couldn’t wait to go to bed. Went to dancing and that lifted my spirits; it is all coming together and tonight I glided which is what it is all about! Yay! Went home and made curry and then spoke to mum for ages on Skype which was also fabby.
Tuesday – feeling a lot better today. Had a bit of a better sleep. Was in The Catch Up audience again today because Jackie Collins was on and she was FABULOUS!!! Got a free book out of it as well, which will be read in about 10 minutes over a cup of tea! Then out for another run, need to keep up the momentum. I am very keen to get my time down from last year and seeing as my distance is up so early on, I have a good amount of time to work on my speed, Heaven help me!
Also I finished my book about happiness which basically surmises that it is not possible for the human brain to be ‘happy’ and what the hell does ‘happiness’ mean anyway? It is just a really undescriptive word to describe something that everyone feels is different anyway; he’s got a point. It was worth a read, and I suppose a bit depressing in a way, but at the same time uplifting, I suppose it depends how you want to interpret all that stuff and all the research.
However, I have started a new book, which I can hardly put down! It is like torture to stop reading it. It is called Clara Callan by Richard B Wright who I have never heard of and appears to be a Canadian. It is the story of 2 sisters told through letters and diary entries which I always really like and I am just amazed at how well a man has written from a woman’s perspective; maybe we all think alike after all? I haven’t finished it yet, so I’m not sure if there will be a disappointing ending, but I will keep you posted.
Wednesday – I got tickets to Christina Aguilera! How good am I? I was so anxious about whether I would be able to get them or not! Especially as I had made Zain change our holiday plans to fit in around the concert (just so happens that it co-insides with when our first day of our planned holiday was going to be!) However…I was at work and all logged on and when it turned 9am I was on the phone and the internet at the same time! Even although it was 1 minute past 9 all the gold tickets (the best ones) had sold out! I was pissed, but managed to get 2 silver tickets so had to make do with that! The concert will be awesome and I am really looking forward to it! Of course, After about 5 minutes they announced another date, but hey ho…I got tickets!!! (image from timeinc.net)That about sums up the day…oh no…we went out for dinner with the Alphabet crew again this time with Zain which was really fun and I officially had the BEST tempura prawns and veggies ever! So very chuffed about that. Will have to visit that restaurant again – Ajasai.
Thursday – Nothing much except from archiving and the start of my new night class.
I have started an evening class in Pattern Making, which I may or may not have mentioned before? So it is on at a local High School and is taught by Keiko who is a Japanese mad woman (but in a good way!). It was all women of course, but here was hoping (for conversation….silly). There was 8 of us, 4 randoms and then 4 who were mother and daughter combos, which made me really miss my mum and wish that we were doing this together. So the first night was learning about measurements and then how to make up a basic ‘block’ for your measurements – this is so exciting! So I drew up a pattern for a shirt (which I could make if I had a sewing machine….?!). I was the only one who finished during the class which means that I don’t have any homework which is nice. I was surprised by how mathematical the whole deal is. It was exciting too, it felt like I was doing something. Where might this go….? (image from ewsacademy.org)Friday – annnnnnnnoying day at work! Archiving, archiving, archiving! Arg! I was so pissed off all day. It is the first day that I have had that sour face look that I get when I am pissed off, everyone and everything was doing my nut in and I had to go out at lunch time otherwise I would have said things I regretted! Home now and reading my emails and my Facebook news/contacts. I have no friends! You must all join facebook so that I am popular! Feeling homesick a bit I think, just want to nip out to the shops I know, meet people I know and bitch about the weather I know! No idea what our plans for the weekend are?

1 Comments:
facebook? pah, bebo is my new obsession! It wouldn't be if it weren't for the exams....
Isla, you're so inspirational sometimes: always thinking 'where will this go'. That's what I need to remember to do with this studying: its for something I really want, so get.arse.in.gear!
Off to the coronary care unit at the western in 2 weeks - so excited!!!
xxc
Post a Comment
<< Home