1 a girl with wanderlust: Week 16

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Week 16

Week 16

Monday – can’t think that there was much to report, back to work the normal…well actually there is! Just remembered! I swam front crawl with my head in the water this morning. That is the first time that I have (possibly ever) done that, in like a long time at the very least. In case you are wondering why this is such a big deal, the deal is that I don’t really like putting my face in the water (I have various almost drowning stories to account for this dislike). So I am pretty damned chuffed with myself and it was a hell of a lot easier to swim like that, so bring on the front crawl.

Tuesday – woke up feeling rotten this morning and it just got worse during the day. So went home and straight to bed. Yuck.

Wednesday – still not feeling 100%, but if I don’t work, I don’t get paid. That’s just the way it is. Zain was out on the lash last night and, as is the custom, called me a little worse for wear as I was dropping off, which of course meant I stayed awake to make sure he got home in 1 piece! Woke in the middle of the night to find him slumped over the dining table fast asleep – awwww!

Finished my most recent book ‘The Towers of Silence’ and was dying to get to the end – for good reasons. The book is actually part of a series and I prefer to read them in order, but TToS was actually number 3 of the series, so I would like to read the others. The book was set during the years of World War 2 so I found it interesting, because my Mum’s family would have been there during that time and it seemed like I might get an insight into how life would have been. If the rest of the books are like this one, I can recommend them, although it did go a bit haywire toward the end, as most of the books I have been reading of late have done.

Thursday – again still not feeling the best. Didn’t sleep much last night. Had a very early night and felt guilty for not going for a run, but at least I did my fit ball in the morning.

Friday – there really isn’t much to report on the work front, so I may have to stop writing about it at all, until something interesting happens. All you need to know is that I go every week day like most of the rest of the world. Watched Biggest Loser. My favourite contestant, Munnalita, went out, so I am a bit gutted, but not going to stop watching now! There isn’t that long to go…maybe another week and then the show will be over and will be replaced with Big Brother, which I am definitely not going to watch. Will get a life instead. Spoke to mum for ages on Skype – I love that thing! It is so cool. Was nice to see her and have a chat. If anyone else has skype and fancies a chat, let me know…tell me when you will be on though as I’m not good at having my Skype open all the time.

Saturday – Woke up nice and early after another early night (I do like my sleep) and as I had some chores to do I didn't hang about, and I headed out the door. Went to the bookswop shop first off and handed in the vast collection of books that I seem to have managed to amass since I got here! Was good though because I got them out of the house and got credit for more books, $27 dollars worth no less which is pretty good, because that is probably what I paid for the books in the first place, seeing as I shop at the magic bookshop.

Then headed up to Chatswood because I have finally discovered a Post Office that is open during reasonable hours! In fact it actually opens on Saturday mornings which is a bit of a miracle for the public service over here! Posted a couple of bits and pieces including treats for you (Mum and Cara).

After Chatswood I jumped on the bus and headed to a part of town called ‘The Spit’. It is a spit of land which joins Manly with Mosman and you can walk from there into Manly which is meant to be lovely, so I thought I would give it a go today. And I did. Except because I am difficult I walked in the opposite direction, from Manly to the Spit. It’s a 10km walk which takes you round the coast of that part of the harbour and I was really looking forward to it. The guidebooks/maps said that you should allow 4.5 hours to do the walk and I was like ‘pah!’, never, I’ll be round there in a shot – 10km (6 miles) isn’t that far! Well, I can assure you now that I am home resting with my feet up, it felt like a bloody eternity! The walk was good, but it never seemed to end and it was actually pretty arduous with lots of steps and hiking through the bush! Definitely worth doing and I would do it again, but I wouldn’t be wearing jeans on an unseasonably hot Autumn day. Trust me to think it actually might really get cold here! The views from the top (yes, you walk to the top) were spectacular right out over the harbour and you can see the ‘main’ entrance to the whole of the Sydney harbour area which was pretty stunning (see pix).

So now I am home, chilling with my feet up and planning my night out at the cinema on my own, let’s hope I don’t fall asleep in the darkened room.

Running tomorrow and going to the Museum of Sydney.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 pm, Blogger sekerci said...

Hey Isla,
I have just sent you a MASSIVE e.mail so check that out soon! Reason for this comment- to say 2 things-
1. You look like you've lost weight in that last photo of yourself you posted, well done you!
and 2. I am sure there are lots of you out there that are lucky enough to have Isla as a friend but I just thought I would publicly declare that she truly is the most wonderful friend a girl could wish for and be lucky enough to have. Isla, I will always appreciate and value our friendship and thank you for being there for me.
That's it.... soppy moment over!
Lots of Love
Me xx
PS Do you still have your D & G sunnies? I am considering investing and was wondering if you still think they were worth it?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home