Week 15 stuff...
Thursday – 12/04/07
Extremely boring and lazy day at work, yet still it seemed to fly in and it was over before I knew it. Is it possible that I could be losing brain function and that I think sitting around doing nothing all day seems like a day well spent? I hope not! I have all sorts of plans for my time at work, and it doesn’t involve doing much ‘work’ work. That in fact is about all my chat. I am skyping mum tonight, which means I am finally getting hold of the whole concept and idea and I am prepared to bare my face to my viewing public, which is actually a pretty weird feeling. Also going to get on with some emailing, as I have had a lot of lovely emails of late, and I promise to get down to some of them tonight!! Then there is all my reading to get through.
Since I last wrote about books, I have read ‘The Secrets of (Australian) Female Entrepreneurs’ which was really motivational and interesting, so who knows where that may lead. I am now working my way through some other non-fiction and some fiction stuff.
Observations:
- Street lighting is terrible here, there’s a light like every 500 meters or something! Not good if you are afraid of the dark, or scared about creepy characters looming in the dark…
Friday – 13/04/07 (apparently called Black Friday too)
Not much exciting at work at the moment, although I did get to go out of work at about midday and buy birthday cakes for the office from the Cheesecake shop, which were deeeeeeeelicious! Nice to have cake in the office!
Also, I’ve been given a couple of wicked tasks:
1) I’m responsible for working on the programming/scheduling for all the local production that shows on CH9 for the next ratings year – how good does that sound! Basically it means remembering lots and being able to think a year ahead. Quite fun really
2) I’m responsible for the complete renovation of the finance office environment. We are going to be moving people around, knocking down walls and basically ship-shaping the place. In all honesty, that means getting people to tidy their shit up and make sure everyone is ready for moving around. Already people are harassing me about where they will be moving to, what is happening, yada, yada…

1 Comments:
I knew it wouldn't be long before you were in charge of the whole shebang and also, how nice of the Ozzies to celebrate my birhtweek too x
Post a Comment
<< Home