Week 14
Pretty standard week at work, don’t think there has been that much excitement except it was a short week due to the Easter Friday public holiday which is great, if I was getting paid! Bugger, being on contract sucks!
There also appears to be an absolute obsession with the type, and amount, of food that I eat. I happen to think I am pretty normal – breakfast, lunch and dinner type of person, but for the people that I regularly eat lunch with, this is not the case. Everyday without fail when I sit down to eat lunch (sandwiches, wraps, stir fry – you get the picture) I get quizzed about what it is, how was it made, where did I get it, what does it contain and isn’t it a bit of a large portion!!! I admit that in the beginning I was pretty keen to get some comradeship in the office and have lunch with people, but now I would rather read my book than talk to them!! They are sooooooooo boring, food being the only topic of conversation! They are always talking about portion control. I’m not sure if I am getting this through to you or not but it is SO annoying.
For example, once (ONCE) I had banana bread after a particularly rubbish lunch that I had made for myself (and that I can covered in great detail with the rest of the table!) and so I decided to get some banana bread (yummy, yummy, more like cake than bread – delicious!!). Now, EVERYDAY they ask me ‘No, banana bread today?’ and ‘Don’t you eat banana bread every day?’. NO.I.DO.NOT. Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!Met Eddie Maguire this week at my Women @ Nine meeting where we are all meant to get chummy and network. I didn’t actually get to speak to him in person as he turned up an hour late (tardy or what!). But in actually fact he was charming, charismatic and he does have some brain cells to rub together. Basically he is the CEO of CH9 but he’s really just a game show host, and I admit that I wasn’t expecting big things from him, but he really has his head screwed on and he might be the man for the job, so it was good to get the chance to see what he is all about and where he sees the channel going, because basically it is going down the tubes just now!
Was in the audience again for The Catch Up which was fairly fun, although they seriously need to up the ante about the ‘depth’ of their conversation – it’s too light for me. Everyone in the office reckons I should get my own TV show – what a hoot that would be!! It’s just because I actually have chat and can crack a joke or two…perhaps The Catch Up beckons…will keep you posted!
Zain and I have been diligently planning our travel plans for what and where we want to go while we are over here, so that feels exciting and good because Zain has asked to get the time off work. So we have planned a couple of two week stints: Trip 1) that involves flying to Cairns, seeing the
great barrier reef and then working our way down the coast to the
Whitsundays, Fraser Island, Brisbane to see some friends, and then the drive down to Sydney. Trip 2) Involves driving the
Great Ocean Road down to Melboure (possibly with a detour to Canberra, but we have heard that it is mega boring) where we will stay for a few days and take in family friends and the sites, then fly over to Perth and catch up with more friends, chill out and maybe see the great W(something) trees. Both of the trips are pretty ambitious and Zain doesn’t reckon that we will be able to achieve all we want, but I am good to give it a shot, so bring it on! We haven’t yet figured out how we are going to fit in a trip to the Red Centre and all the mad desert and Aboriginal stuff that contains, but basically I am not leaving here without seeing it, so we will figure out a way!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home