Saturday 14th April
Saturday – 14th April 2007
Well, today is Susan’s birthday, and as we all know that is the most important thing about today!
So, watched Lost in Translation last night, and it was really good the second time around. I think the first time round, I wasn’t that impressed, but last night I laughed and I cried.
Got up early this morning as I had booked a trip to see round the Opera House at 10am (book early and online because it is cheaper by over 1/3!). So had to end up rushing which I always do! But got there on time and it was well worth the effort. The group was fairly large, probably about 40 people or so and we had a great guide. Very sharp gay man with fantastic mullet hair that worked (bet you thought you would never hear that said!) He was so acerbic, with was great. The tour lasted about an hour and covered all the necessaries – seeing round all the various theatres, hearing about how the building came about, the various scandals associated with it, the engineering, etc… it really is a fascinating building and the tour was very informative, if a bit quick…let’s move on. Well worth doing though and it has some fabulous views from inside of the harbour.
Also when I was in the Opera House shop (now come on, you have to!) I saw Jenny Eclair (she is starring over here at the moment in the stage show of Grumpy Old Women) in the gift shop. She was buying opera house shaped soap and I almost had to tell her to stop – how tacorama!
After that I headed to do some shopping. It is getting quite a bit cooler here now, especially in the evening/mornings, so I needed to get a few bits and pieces.
I am now writing this 5 days later and I can’t remember half of what I would have written, so to summarise: I did some shopping, headed home, was knackered but stayed up as I was expecting a call from Sera, then got myself changed to head out for some social dancing with Les. The dancing was in a better place and was a lot busier, but I didn’t enjoy it nearly as much as I would have liked. I was frustrated at not getting it (even although this is only my second time, for goodness sake!), also Les wasn’t backward in telling me my dancing flaws which annoyed the hell out of me! I was tired in my defence and also just getting a bit touchy about my dancing skills. But never mind…you really need to have a constant partner for this kind of dance, so it is unfortunate (to say the least) that Zain is not into it, but I may find someone yet…

1 Comments:
Erm... Did I not point out that due to my shifts I would miss 5 out of every 8 classes? I think I did...?
Post a Comment
<< Home