1 a girl with wanderlust: The Easter Bunny has gone...

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Easter Bunny has gone...

Tuesday - 11/04/07

Back to work ☹, but at least there were some chocolates left! A couple of cool things did happen today though. I bumped into Kathy Lette in the corridor and doing the usual thing that people do, I said hello because I recognised her right off and thought I knew her – how embarrassing! She was cool about it though and just said hello back which was pretty nice. I’ve read her stuff and I don’t like it much! But she seemed nice enough. She was in town to do some stuff with The Catch Up and I caught her on TV later in the day which was a bit of a reality check! Also when I told the others in the office, in an excited voice, they were like 'who the hell is that!!?' - Hello, she is one of yours! I also bumped into another one of the hosts of The Catch Up; Libby Gore. She is a really nice woman and I like her chat.

Also got chatting to the other temp who recently started work in the department. The food police didn’t invite her to sit with them, so I thought to hell with this and chummed her for lunch. She is very unhappy working at CH9 which surprised me, as I have fitted in so well, but it was good to hear about someone else’s experience and it made me think about things that could be changed in the department.

Also, I’ve been meaning to mention this for AGES, but I’ve finally remembered! The driver who picks us up every morning at the station (I walk to the station and then get the bus to the station – ha! You know what I mean!! TV station….In the beginning it was a veiled attempt to meet people and make frwends…but never mind) Anyway, back to what I was saying…yes, the driver looks just like Eric Idle from nuns on the run and he cracks me up every morning just by looking at him! He’s a nice chap and has good chat. He does like a million jobs and he is a photographer/director (ahem?) with the rest of his time…so if you ever need a headshot.

Ah yes, told a couple of the blokes at work that I go to Ballroom classes and they are well up for it, so I may yet start a craze…!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home