Yummy cha
Friday – 30/03/07
Mixed day at work. When I got into work this morning I found out that the person I have been replacing for the last 3 weeks or so had returned (at 5 in the morning – she is a nutcase needless to say. In fact she has just come into work even although she is meant to be off for another 2 weeks recovering from a head operation! But she was so concerned that I might mess up the month end (oh no!) that she has come in against doctors orders.) I was not pleased to see her. I had been getting into her role, but hey ho, that’s the way things go. In fact, as soon as I got into work, she hauled me up and ran through everything I had done ‘wrong’ in her opinion. Not a thank you in sight. To add to that she kept interrupting me all day to add more things to my ‘shoddy’ work. What a ‘character’. I also got an apology from the big boss about the way that she was behaving (which was really nice, but a bit unnecessary, but nice all the same. She told me I was doing a really good job and not to bother about ‘the perfectionist’)
Went out for lunch ‘on the company’ today as well. Even got my cab paid for aswell; my boss told me I could do with a perk – how cool is that!? Went for Yum Cha. Now what is that I hear you ask. Yum Cha is basically the name out here for Dim Sum or if you are still not getting that, Chinese Tapas. It was yummy (living up to it’s name! How cool is Yum Cha!) Basically we went into this massive warehouse of a restaurant that was totally buzzing in the Chinatown area and full of Chinese people. It was so loud and so hectic. We were seated and before we had even made ourselves comfortable, various dishes were thrust upon our table. The best dish was a prawn dumpling, simply yummy. I could have eaten a dozen. Good selection all in all and the girls were happy to show me the yum cha ropes and it all came in at a bargain price. I love eating out here! Then back to work and a bit of a boring afternoon lay ahead as now I am back to the beginners level work and that means lots of thumb twiddling.
After work, I decided to go to the cinema as we can get discounted tickets through work and I haven’t been for ages, I think I was having withdrawal symptoms. I went to see Becoming Jane which was pretty good. I like a good bodice ripping period drama. Some bits I was feeling, but it didn’t get me as much as the last period drama I saw which was Pride and Prejudice, not sure why though. It did make me think about home though. There was a lot of focus on family and I have been feeling homesick the last couple of days.I am really missing my family and I wish we could hang out for a while over the weekend. I am enjoying being out here, but there are moments when I wish everyone else were here too. I am going to have a lonely weekend. Zain is working and then he has other plans, which is cool, but it means flying solo again. I don’t mind, by now I am good at that! But would still be nice to have some people to hang out with. Anyway…

3 Comments:
I'm here! I'm here! Bounce bounce bounce!
Hey you..... awww I feel for you. I am not going to harp on giving you sympathy for frrling home sicl because by the tim eyou read this you will have got over it and just e.mail back saying your not that home sick after all!!
I know I tend to use this comment section of ur blog as a way of e.mailing to but I will tey and keep it short.
1. I have read your wonderful advice fuelled e.mail and I will get round to replying this week!
2. Annie is going to Oz in July so you shoud e.mail her to meet up. I didn't cotmplate coming over to visit you guys then so I could see Anne too but then I realised it would be Winter!
3. I am actually planning on coming over for a holiday (probably without T as he is busy with his new ventures etc etc (check out kaliante.com- his new company!) so let me knoe if you want me/ will have me for 2 weeks, wehn it turns into summer again, and I can maybe try and plan something!
xxx
PS Flying solo is great- you just have to plan things for when they are not around (which I know you are good at) and then they are back before you know. T has just come back from 1 month away and after just 2 hours it seems like he has never been away!
PPS I sooo know you will be better at that job than the 'perfectionist'!!!
B**llocks... I meant to preview so I could correct my spelling etc mistakes as I type too fast but I hit publish instead. Ooops!
Post a Comment
<< Home