1 a girl with wanderlust: Week 12

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Week 12

Monday – 26/03/07 – Week 12

- Last night as a beginner in my dance class. Next week I will move up to beginners 2. Really looking forward to it, hoping the class will be smaller and not so many numbnuts!

- Finished ‘The Ninth Life of Louis Drax’ which was very readable and pretty tense, but seemed to have a bit of a clichéd ending. Worth a look though people.

- Started a new book ‘ Kike Strike and the Shadow City’. At first it seemed like a grown up kids story, a bit like Nancy Drew (who I used to love as a child, really, she was the best character!), and I was really into it, but now I’m not so sure if I’m digging it. It’s good and the characters are fun and seem ageless (even although they are meant to be 14 year old girls), a bit of good escapism, but I can’t take the whole thing seriously. Will finish it though…there’s many more books to read…

- Not much movement on the permanent job…but fingers still crossed…

Tuesday – 27/03/07

Had a great run, really pushed myself and definitely getting my groove back. Also followed up with one of my ‘contacts’ and asked if I could do some TV work experience with them, but I would need to take time off from work. Will need to think about it.

Wednesday – 28/03/07

Really pushed myself at my morning swim, feeling the burn which is good. Average day at work…so it goes on. Was invited out by one of the girls at work for a dinner she was organising with some of her friends. They are called the alphabet dinners and the way they work is that you pick a letter at random and then you have to organise a dinner around that letter, based on a cuisine, an area or a name. So for example – T; Turkish, Telford or The Three Sisters. It was fun, the people were nice and the restaurant was fabulous! I’d definitely go again. One of the guys was an absolute hoot. He’s from the UK and dying to get into the porn industry, he visits Thailand a lot…need I say more. Be good to see where his plans and business goes!?

Thursday – 29/03/07

Work and then run in the evening which was good. Managed 6 miles, so I am beginning to get on track for my ½ marathon training. Good. But knackering. The ratings at work are a disaster at the moment. I am sure this is of no interest or consequence to you, but it is all the talk at work. Our nearest competitor is getting twice the ratings were are. We are in trouble. They show too much shit on CH9 - too much sport, to much man chat, not enough for everyone else! Just wait till I see Eddie Maguire...he's gonna hear all my ideas. I am going to have lunch with him next week...no really I am! Me and every other women at CH9. There is a networking lunch next week and I will be there to get a look at the great man himself...will keep you posted of the outcome.

Oh yeah, finished Kiki Strike which was worth a read if you are 15/16, and in fact even that is probably a bit too old for that kind of book. Enjoyable just for the fact of reading. Now on the look out for my next read - any recommendations?

Observations:

- They use jet back hoovers here – how weird. They don’t pull their Henry’s around here, they wear them on their backs. Strange but true and I suppose much more practical.

- Apparently in Sydney you are never more than 5 meters away from a poisonous being. Super, smashing, great.

- Scented toilet roll. It's wrong. I'm not sure why. I really hate it, but they seem to love it here. Every time I go to get some, I alway seem to end up getting scented! How is that possible, I even read the packet. Zain does better than me. Perhaps he should be in charge of household products...like yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home