1 a girl with wanderlust: Three Sisters

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Three Sisters

Sunday – 25/03/07

Up fairly early after a very good long sleep including that extra hour in bed due to the clocks going back.

Had our buffet breakfast and then hit the tour bus trolley (tram). Yes, we decided to take the cheesy/less walking route away from our hotel, that and we decided to carry our bags for the rest of the day instead of leaving them at the hotel. The trolley took us to all the ‘hot’ spots in this area. We decided to get out at Prince Edward Walk which we could walk along (about 4km) towards Echo Point which is were you get a clear vista across the whole of the valley and you can see the Three Sisters.Along the walk there were some spectacular views and I so enjoyed the walking and the climate. The weather is noticeably cooler up in the mountains, so chilly in fact that I needed to wear my cashmere (darling!). Amazing views.

Headed into Katoomba which is the main town in the mountains (which aren’t really mountains as you would know them as they are only 800 meters above sea level). Had some lunch which came in massive portions but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend - the food or the place. Leura is totally quaint and lovely but Katoomba seemed a bit scumvillish. Then caught the train home and did Sunday night things like ironing and watching Biggest Loser. I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home