1 a girl with wanderlust: Sightseeing Saturday

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sightseeing Saturday

10/03/07 – Saturday

Feeling a tad rough this morning due to too much delicious red wine and lack of sleep – it was a hot, sticky night last night. After shaking myself from slumber, got ready quick smart and then headed into town.

First stop one of Sydney’s newest attractions: Wildlife World. It was really good. It’s located right on the shore at Darling Harbour, so really in the thick of things and you can get a discount ticket if you visit more than one attraction which was definitely in our plans – fit in as many touristy things as possible!!

Started in the insect department. Then moved on to Spiders. I came face to face with my worse fear (that’s actually not true and a bit of a dramatisation for good reading!): Funnel web spider and the red back. So, the Funnel web: most dangerous poisonous spider in the world; nasty stocky and very black beast; it was huge too. It digs a burrow in the ground and you could see the burrow bisected in the viewing chamber. I made sure I had a really good look so that Zain couldn’t accuse me of being a woose and needing to have hypnotherapy with is his new idea for the spider fear!


THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO WRITE, BEAR WITH ME! WAITING FOR THE INSPIRATION AND THE TIME...when I'm not watching Biggest Loser!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home