1 a girl with wanderlust: Ooops

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ooops

21/03/07 – Wednesday

I had an appalling day at work today. Crashed the whole system used across all the companies for doing all the finance work – me! I did it! Made one small mistake and the whole thing went down…for most of the day. Just shows what a stupid system they have in place! But boy, did I get it in the neck. The IT people were very shirty with me and even took away my password to get into the system which meant I couldn’t do any of the work that needed to be done all day. And in the end I had to stay late after everyone else had left because then I was allowed to do my work. Was not a happy chappy; so on the way home I bought pizza and beer. Ate the whole pizza (very naughty) but only had one beer. And I didn’t swim this morning because I didn’t sleep well as I was kept awake by having a nightmare. Hmmf.

On a different note, I finished that book I was reading – Modern Ranch Living. It was good. I got really into the voice and characters of the book and I felt that the plot was going place, but in the end it didn’t really clinch me like a good story should. Would definitely read more of his work though.

Onto a new book (of course!), this time it is The Ninth Life of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen. It’s good. Bit of an interesting take on the world though the eyes of a young boy who is in a coma and the strange thrilleresque goings on surrounding how he got to be in a coma in the first place…still reading…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home