A hot day
Sunday – 04/03/07
Got up and went for a run as I really, really, really need to kick the butt out of 6/7 miles to feel like I am making training progress towards the half marathon in September, plus some other runs which will happen before that. Set myself a new route which was about 6 miles, and I almost died. The sun and heat were intense this morning and by the 3 mile mark, I had to walk for about 5 minutes because I thought I was going to be sick! The way back wasn’t quite so bad, but still, not so good. Did manage the whole way though, so bring on 6.5 miles next weekend!
After that mini marathon (or at least, that’s how it seemed to me!), I decided breakfast out was on the menu. Went to this new place near us, about 5 minutes walk away, called Not by Bread Alone (does that sound vaguely religious!?). It was nice to go out and get reading my book; I’m in the last few chapters and I want to get it finished. Feeling very empowered these days with my going solo activities – a good breakfast and a book, what more do you need!?
After brekkie, I headed into town as I had decided that my solo self would walk across the Harbour Bridge today. Well, I picked a bad day for it; it was so, so, so hot. Marched across the bridge regardless, but I am pretty sure I left a sweat trail behind me; even the most delicate of the perspiring ladies were looking a bit soggy and worse for wear.
After that trip, which was great by the way, gives you a really rewarding feeling and a good sense of the city, I headed to the beach to chill out and work on that SPF30+ tan of mine. I love the beach, I really do. I’m not so keen on bikini bodies, lethal sea creatures, and small children, but apart from that I love it. Just chilled and read the end of my book and when that was done, I lay looking out to the sea and the perfect blue sky and thought to myself; this is definitely the life.
Then went home and watched Biggest Loser. What a perfect end to a great sunny weekend.
P.S. Well... it was perfect. Zain phoned me just as I was dropping off to sleep (not easy with the heat and all the windows open) to tell me...what? That he had a funnel web spider in his hand (in a tub!) kindly brought into the ER by a local person so that the hospital can milk it's venom to produce antivenom. Great. Must close all the windows. Nightmares coming my way....especially seeing as he went into great detail about the monster - it was the size of a smallish tarantula and it was just a baby apparently. Thanks, babes.

1 Comments:
Aargh! I just left a comment on Zain's 365 blog saying "Don't tell Isla". Obviously I was too slow.
I'm impressed with you and your single activities but you should have grabbed a man at mardi gras and demanded he be your new-gay-best-friend, it was the ideal opportunity to find someone who'll go shoe shopping and ballroom dancing with you.
This is turning into a long comment but... if you get the chance to see Australian Dance Theatre you have to go. I went on Friday with my mum and enjoyed it so much I dragged Alasdair along again on Saturday. They are outstanding - so good I emailed them to tell them - although, perhaps a mistake taking Alasdair to see them as it was his first dance thing and now he thinks it's all like that. Oops! xx
Post a Comment
<< Home