1 a girl with wanderlust: Freaky deaky weather

Monday, March 05, 2007

Freaky deaky weather

05/03/07 – Monday

Back to work and back to my accountancy training. It’s going well actually; I mean, I may not be the next chief financial officer, but I am getting there.

It is also pisssssssssssssssing with rain today. Last night there was the MOST almighty thunderstorm. I am not scared of thunder and lightening, but last night, I was afraid. It was just so loud and it really sounded like it was right above our building and was about to rip the sky open. And it pished, pished, pished with rain – over 12cm fell last night. How about that! And it hasn’t even cleared the air, it is still as muggy as all hell today.

Oh started a new book today – Azulejos blue today by Monica Ali. I didn’t read Brick Lane, but seeing as I lived in Portugal for a year, I am keen to check this out. So far, so readable…but that may change?

1 Comments:

At 3:55 pm, Blogger sarah said...

Azulejos... that brings back memories: Ulysses' city of the seven headed serpent - Lisbon, sitting in our corner cafe, before teaching, drinking a 'galao' coffee and sinking our teeth into a delicious 'pastel de nata', chatting, laughing, sharing stories, savouring the delights of the city as life passed us by. Let us know if it is worth reading :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home