Food, glorious food
09/03/07 – Friday
Got up early as usual and went for my swim, only this morning I got chatting to one of the other early morning swimmers (there aren’t that many of us, so I think we will get to know each other quite well!) and so I decided to have a bit of a sauna as well which was very nice and I think I might have to add it to my usual routine.
Then work, work, work again. Didn’t sleep well last night for a combination of reasons, but I think one of them was a bit of worry about work as the person I am taking over from finished up yesterday, so I flew solo today. It was really hard and I’ll be honest, I haven’t got a scoobie what the hell I am meant to be doing! And it is really pretty scary! It’s not like it’s a major league important job or anything really, but when you don’t know what you are doing 100% it seems scarier than it probably needs too. Walked home and ate a whole bar of chocolate when I got in; I just really needed too!
Going out for tea again tonight with Si and Kag which will be really nice. Going to a Teppenyaki restaurant which we haven’t been to before, but hoping it will be good. Then no doubt an early night as Zain and I have a lot of sightseeing to get up to tomorrow.
Cheerio, X
P.s. Oh yeah, finished Alentejo Blue in about 2 days. It was good(ish). Overall I ploughed through it as I was enjoying it, but the ending just didn’t come together for me. It seemed to be more of writers study of how to write about characters. It was a good and subtle portrayal of Portugal; she really seems to have caught the uncatchable spirit of the country. Made me reminisce about my time there, in both a good and bad way.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home