1 a girl with wanderlust: Spiders

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Spiders

Hello, Haven't blogged for a while about my good old arachnid friends of late, so I thought it was time for a change. Seeing as I have had, how shall I say, a LOT of free time on my hands of late, I have been researching my friendly foe and I have discovered a lot. For a while there I was obsessed with Red backs, but recently, like 6 hours ago, I changed my obsession to the Sydney Funnel Web spider. This jammy wee bastard can survive UNDERWATER for up to 36 hours! So there you were thinking it would drown in your pool, but not so - they love that shit! They like it moist apparently and like to come out after the rain. Also they actually attack humans (and no, I am not imagining this information, I read it on more that 2 websites!). So, they have my new found fear and respect - watching me walk down a street must be an interesting sight, I am on mega tenderhooks! Heehee.

This photo I thought I would post to demonstrate the point that these creatures really are everywhere. Like EVERYWHERE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home