Pounding the streets
12/02/07 – Monday
Ahhh, Monday and I don’t have to get up and go to work! Although I need the money, it is nice to have a bit of a lie in. Did get up fairly early though and go for a swim though as it’s such a good way to start the day and I did have a busy day ahead!
Yes…that’s right! It’s job hunting day again! So first point of the day, it is proper pissing with rain. Really heavy showers, like torrential rain where it hits the ground and it comes up a foot again. Not nice. And I have to go job hunting door to door in this. This is not looking like a good day.
Hit the first temping agency, resume at the ready, having got properly soaked in the rain (the rain was so heavy and high in the street that it ran over the top of my shoes and flooded them. Not a happy chappy!). Nice friendly receptionist who completely ignores me. Then when I get her attention she says ‘Oh, you should have emailed it in’. Okay sweetheart, run that by me again. ‘Can you email your resume in? That is the only way we look at them’. I said I could, but seeing as I had trudged through the rain to get here, couldn’t she just take my hardcopy. Short answer? No. Oh bejesus!!!
Hit a few more temping agencies and got the same answer, growl, growl. Then hit the English schools too. More growling. In the end I was wet and very pissed off, so went home to eat some lunch. Then met Zain back in town after I had got changed into some dry warm clothes. Went to the cinema and saw The last King of Scotland which was great. Pretty harrowing and I had to close my eyes at some parts, but a totally riveting story. Oh yeah! And the people I used to work with at FV know the main Scottish dude, so it was good to see him in action.
Had some Thai food for tea, couldn’t be arsed to cook and Zain decided a celebration for job getting was in order. Yummy. Then home to indulge in our favourite – Biggest Looser. I love that show!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home