1 a girl with wanderlust: People spotting

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

People spotting

17/02/07 - Saturday

Was a goodie too shoes this morning and got up for my Saturday run. Hit a new route and did 5 miles which almost killed me! Somehow I had the idea that Sydney would be barren, flat and arid, how wrong can someone be. I was purple and I think I also might have stopped breathing for a minute or two, but got to the end and felt good – plenty more running where that can from to go before the big race though!

Hung out with Aly and Elizabeth for a while having a catch up and a chat. Weirdly because the world is an extremely small place, Elizabeth is from my home village and we went to drama club together when we were 10– how bizarre is that!

Then went to meet a friend for lunch; Emma who I met through the English teaching. Went to her neck of the woods which is Kings Cross and had some delicious lunch and then went for a bit of a wander and an exploratory walk around her area, topped off with some drinks and fabulous rich people spotting! Lots of designer kit, identikit rental girlfriends and fake breasts! Was great to chat with Emma about Sydney as she has been here for a while and she knows some good chat about various places, so the afternoon was fun and educational!

Then watched crappy movies on TV and when Aly and Elizabeth got home we went out for some more dinner – check us! Anyone would think we were made of money! Went to a Nepalese restaurant which was very delicious. Sort of curryish, but not quite. An interesting meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home