1 a girl with wanderlust: New bed

Monday, February 05, 2007

New bed

03/02/07 - Saturday

Had a bit of a lie in which was nice because the early mornings have been taking their toll, plus it’s our last morning on the blow up – yippee! So phoned the bed place to see what time the most gorgeous bed I’ve ever bought was arriving (like the only bed!) and they weren’t coming till early afternoon; good because I can go for a run, bad because it wastes the day and it was glorious today.

Did my run and felt much better for it and I’m going to try to get focused on training for the Sydney ½ marathon which is good motivation. Need to see if I can find a running partner or two because that is better for motivation and fun – where are you Christine!?

Bed arrived when Zain was out of course getting goodies for a (very) late breakfast. Bed delivery was an experience. Went downstairs to let the ‘men’ in only to be confronted with some of the downside of Australia. Conversation as follows….’Right is this bed for you?’ (Like I’d have come down to let you in because it’s not my bed.) ‘So where are you from, Ireland?’, ‘No, I’m from Scotland.’ ‘Yeah, we’re getting a lot of immigrants over here just now.’ We’re getting a lot of immigrants over here just now! Hello, what the bleep white boy – like where do you think you come from? Then I got, ‘where’s our money?’, I assume a glass of water isn’t enough!? Cheeky young scamps. That is one thing I am not so keen on in Oz, I have heard a lot of really bad stories about racism, particularly towards black people…to the extent where they use the N word (I’m embarrassed even to write it down!!) One of the girls at work had a friend come over and try to get work and no one would employ her because of her colour. NOT COOL.



Zain and I teamed up and got the bed ship-shape together which was fun, and very Krypton Factor. Good fun working towards getting ourselves a lovely new bed – pretty damn stylish. (see hot photos)

Then headed into town to do some shopping and then to the library to unsuccessfully hire DVD’s because we are so poor we can’t afford to do anything and at least the library is free!! Ended up getting Fun with Dick and Jane, very good for a Saturday night at home and devoured a bag of pistachios – Yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home