1 a girl with wanderlust: I made some friends...

Monday, February 05, 2007

I made some friends...

02/02/07 – Friday

Up, swam, and then spoke to Cara via Skype before rushing out the door to head to work for the last day of the week – Friday!! Today was my last day with my current upper-intermediate class which was good because I get rid of sleeze boy, but bad because teaching is so much easier when you get to know your class and what kind of people they are; their likes and dislikes.

Headed out after work for some ‘leaving do’ drinks for one of the reception staff. Went to a dreadful bar (she’s only 18 and it was totally cool when you were 18!) but was very nice to socialise with some people and drink happy hour wine at $3 per glass. Decided to head home after that, and some of the other girls were heading to the station too, so I chummed them and they were nice enough to invite me to go with them (not like I invited myself along or anything!). Went to a really lovely Thai restaurant in the North shore area and had a really lovely time. Food was great, surroundings were lovely (not the bit where they charged us corkage at $3.50 per bottle of beer – like we were meant to see their tiny notice!) anyway, company was good too. Went home with the warm glow of ‘I’m actually meeting people, yippee!’ I may make some friends yet. Was a bit pissed when I got home too, so watched TV and chowed down on Tim Tam balls – mmmm. Promised I would run the next day…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home