How cool am I??? Check out my sassy new job
13/02/07 – Tuesday
Today I started my sassy new job – as executive extrordinaire at Channel 9 TV station (well, maybe just lowly mail deliverer…but still). The ‘station’ is based very close to where we live, and I suspect this is why I got the job – that, and the fact that I am wonderful! – being so close is very cool, it only took 10 minutes from door to door for me to get home which I like very much.Pitched up this morning via a train from our local station and then chauffeured (in the station mini bus) to the front door of the building, via very strict security – who knew I had the potential to be such a criminal! Headed to reception to wait for me entourage to show up, and had to wait a pretty long time, remind me to fire them! But was all good as I got to check out all the people arriving, meeting, greeting, air kissing and then leaving. Today they had a doggy feature, so there were loads of stroky dogs in the foyer going mad and then girls with very small waists (think Devil wears Prada – you see how I fit in!) and exceptionally long legs and lots of TVs. The place is infested with TVs everywhere you look, it is a bit like brain washing and I wish I had one in my office, as crime of all crimes, I don't watch channel 9 (was told not to mention this!!). I was watching it to pass the time (sound is off) when through the door, the people I had just been watching doing a style programme, came. Very cool. Then I was whisked away upstairs into the institutional green corridors to begin work.
The people seem pretty friendly, and seeing as I am in accounts, we are not going to be playing any style wars – I win. So all good on that front too. Will have to wait and see how it goes. Very cool to be so close to home working with a lot of people my age (friends? If I can fit into that size 0!) and working at TV station no matter what you do is cool! The actual work is going to be pretty dull – cup of tea anyone (hasn’t happened yet, and the evil eye is ready), but I am sure I can learn things and who knows…may be a foot in the door.
After work headed to the cinema with Zain to see Stranger than Fiction which is brilliant. Very clever concept and the parts were all well played. Has some interesting design concepts/visuals going on too. A must see.
Finally, how cool am I!!?

1 Comments:
Well done, you are extremely cool and very fashion forward (if you're on trend you're too slow darling!) and I am almost green with envy.
Will you still talk to all us plebs with normal jobs? xx
Post a Comment
<< Home