Boredom
26/02/07 – Monday
A spectacularly boring day at work. The change has occurred – I am bored. Not only am I bored, but my brain is turning to mush.
My day:8.30 – Arrive and spend 30 minutes filling up a bottle of water, washing a class and generally pissing about. Ohhh topped up the all important biscuits too!
9.00-10.00 – Surfed the web, opened and distributed the mail (going the long way round, like back to my desk to pick up mail I could have carried!)
10.00-11.00 – Petty cash time. This is actually when I can do some work; oh, and read my book which I did for an hour.
11.00-11.10 – Cashing up (like that takes a long time…if you’re an idiot!)
11.10-12.30 – Surfed the web looking at gossip sites and getting into the Oscars which are showing on the internal TV’s
12.30-13.00 – Did some manual payments – slowly!
13.00-13.30 – Lunch – how time flies when you are having fun!
13.30 – 17.00 – Pissing about, chatting, surfing the web, watching TV, counting cash
So, I think you can see how my mind is now fully switched on to any challenge that my present itself! MY MIND IS MUSH!!!! It can be so hard to come back from the mushitasticness of crappy mindless work, I mean, it’s ok, I don’t have to think which can be nice, I work in a ‘groovy’ environment. Question: what did lazy people do before the internet?? I would be lost!
I also learned that the Aussie government are really strict when it comes to having a tourist visa and that you can’t stay in the same organisation for longer than 6 months, so there go all my aspirations to work in a more creative dept. of the station. There is no way that they take people for less that a year (I was going to lie, but now I see I can’t!). Sweet.
Also, it is pissing with rain here. That nasty, drizzly, wet kind that really pisses you off – if you are from Scotland. Everyone is loving it here. I realise that it is really important for the environment and I suppose I should be dancing around with glee, but I can’t say I am – selfish person that I am. I want sunshine!!
Heading out to ballroom dancing in about an hour and not really looking forward to my wet trek; I know, I know….I should be used to this!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home