Beach trip...almost
11/02/07 – Sunday
Bored today. Discovered a tear in our new fitness ball thing so had to take it back to the shop which was a pain in the arse! Was just getting into using it as well, so now we have to get used to a new one. Oh well, at least I was able to change it.
Planned to go to the Botanical gardens to chill out and read my book, but it started to piss with rain, so had to give it a rain check (boom boom)
Going to beach now, to chill and read my book, as it has stopped raining. Zain is heading to bed as he has just come off nights, so here I go again on my own…
Went to the beach as I had been hankering after that all weekend, but had just missed out on getting there. But oh! Just my luck after getting to the beach and plastering myself in the obligatory SPF30 and laying back to enjoy…I noticed a very dark black ominous cloud. With all my experience from bonnie Scotland to call upon in my hour of need, I was able to ascertain that it was about to piss with rain. I had been at the beach for 20 minutes. Do you think the beach is trying to tell me something?
Headed home and began the arduous task of applying for more jobs. I am really, really, really over applying for jobs. It is what I spent last year doing with not much effect and I am about to start all over again out here, where they don’t actually want you because it is illegal to employ people in Australia unless they are full time citizens – do you think this might make my task a little difficult? Don’t let anyone fool you that it is easy to get work here. Yes, ok if you want to clean toilets, but really… Here I go with more temping agencies and more than likely English teaching work. Have I mentioned before that learning to teach English appears to be the only skill I have!!
Started a new book yesterday called ‘The Poe Shadow’. So far, so good. Based on the life and times of Edgar Allan Poe and the mystery surrounding his death.
Amy Winehouse – phenomenal new album, Back to Black. I. LOVE. IT. You must listen to it too. What a voice; I wish I looked like she sounds.
Saw this ‘Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself’. Interesting. It was on the side of a yoga bag.
Observations:
Bare feet – it seems to be very de rigeur to go bare foot here. Like randomly in posh shops, walking down the street, chilling out in restaurants and working in cafes etc…not sure what it all means, but seems a bit strange to me…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home