1 a girl with wanderlust: Strictly come dancing...on your own

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Strictly come dancing...on your own

5/02/07 – Monday

Back to work again with a new class. Was ok actually with my new class, they seem like a nice bunch and the group keeps growing all the time.

Big development of the day is that I went to my Ballroom dancing class for the first time. It was good and surprisingly mobbed, over 60 people were there. Please note that is 30 couples … and me. Girl power - go me...Yippee for single women attending things on their own. Go self-confidence! Ended up dancing with Les. Les (or perhaps Gay Les) is very nice and quite the charmer. Although I do have to dance around the room practicing with my arms in the air pretending someone is there, it is worth being on my own, because then at least I get to dance with someone who knows what they are doing! No left feet on the go and all that. Some of the couples are dreadful, really dreadful. So good all in all, but feel like a bit of a prat. We’ll see how it goes. I should think if it is like all other dance classes there won’t be so many people there next week. Also means that there isn’t much chat potential because everyone is focused on their partner who they already know. Good job that I’m not looking for a new boyfriend!! Will keep you posted on my Tango, Quick step, Waltz and something I can't remember. Dancing partner anyone?

1 Comments:

At 9:31 pm, Blogger Susan Elena said...

Aww Isla I can just imagine you spinning round the room trying to cut in so you can make new pals. Blaze is missing it's social convenor. xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home