Trip to the cinema
30/01/07 – Tuesday
Was planning to get up and go for a run/swim – didn’t happen! Just too tired and lazy. Headed into work on the slightly later train, and boy was that a mistake! It was totally mobbed, amazing what a difference 10 minutes can make on an early morning train. Work, work, work – sleezy students agogo.
People are nice at work, but seeing as I am a replacement teacher and I’m just temporary (leaving on Friday – thank goodness for that, but not so good for meeting people and making connections) they are polite but not investing too much time if you know what I mean. I have an interview lined up for next week for a temping position, but it sounds pretty dire too. Here’s hoping that Mr Big can sort me out with something – any ideas of what I should try?
Went to the cinema after work. Tuesdays are cheap seat days. Went to see Dreamgirls which is totally watchable and pretty good (particularly if you like musicals in general as there are some pretty stagy bits). However, it was completely ruined by the Australian audience. It seems here that here, there is no harm in talking constantly and loudly throughout the whole show and then laughing at the really important bits – do you get the impression I was pissed off? Oh bejesus! I was wishing for a Glaswegian audience where someone got up and shouted ‘Shut it ye nugget, or I’ll dae ye’. Ah the joys of home. Made me pretty ‘saudade’ for the Glasgow.
Oh yes, also got lost in the mall trying to get out. Went down in the lift and they must ‘switch off’ certain floors at a certain time. So I ended up in the basement carpark with no car to go to and the total creeps. I got myself worked up into a right stress and then when I found my way up to the next floor with an ‘exit’ onto the street that people can actually use, still no luck there, because they were all barred up and then I started to get into a real panic. Finally found my way out after wandering around for about 15 minutes in a totally deserted mall – I couldn’t even find someone to ask how to get out. Not pleasant. I think this may be another country where you need to have a car to exist!
Watching 24 on TV. Might have to get into this. Cheerio, X
Oh yes! We are getting our modem tomorrow. Thank. The. Lord. Fingers crossed that the software (getting technical now!) works with my mac. Would be just my bloody luck!
Observations:
Manchester: Have I done this one already? The fact that they call all their linen, bedsheets, towels, etc…Manchester – how weird is that? What does a town in the North of England have to do with linens? Bizarre.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home