1 a girl with wanderlust: More job hunting...

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

More job hunting...

19/01/07 – Friday

Joined with Hays temping agency in the vain hope of getting work. Seems to be pretty difficult for people on a temporary visa, for obvious reasons that I understand, but don’t they realise who they are dealing with! Plus, what’s wrong with working in a place for a year? I’ve done less time than that, and was thankful to leave after it (as I’m sure the company was too!!). The girl who was fixing my paperwork at the agency (from Bristol – it seems that in the world of recruitment there are no Australians – what does this mean??) that in Australia, or Sydney at any rate, they would rather keep the job open than get someone in to do the work if they think that that person is only going to be there for a short time. Is this madness? I’m not sure.

Apart from that, spent the day bumming about and mentally preparing for the concept of work. Not such a good concept me thinks! Plus watched our DVD’s on a real TV, couch combo. It was very exciting. What lives we lead!

2 Comments:

At 5:31 pm, Blogger Susan Elena said...

Since when has a year been temporary? Temporary is a month or a few weeks not a flaming (check the Aussie lingo) year!

The only job I've ever had that's lastest over a year was my saturday job making rolls n bacon but I doubt they have greasy spoons in Sydney...
x

 
At 11:17 pm, Blogger Yogini said...

I know - I don't get it either. They need their heads read! Flaming galahs! (check my lingo)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home