Mission impossible?
22/01/07 – Monday
I wake up on a mission – well a bit; the damn crows woke me up. They sound like foxes/crows being strangled, some sort of misfit animal; it is a really horrible sound, and wakes me up in the morning. Where is my gun!?
So seeing as I was up early, I went for a run. As explained before, the heat means that you have do be early in your activities. I was out running at 7am and it felt more like rush hour there were so many people/cars about. I was the only runner – am I weird? Not sure.
Then decided to get cracking with the job hunt. Zain started work today, so I was at a bit of lose end. Headed down the street, dropping of CVs (resumes) as I go. Had a internet trauma – seems that free WiFi doesn’t really mean free. Oh well. Spent the rest of the day internetting, looking for jobs, and circling things in the paper. Then home for the tennis – Andy Murray is playing! Zain’s not home until after midnight, so TV, TV, TV.
p.s. Andy lost in a 5 set match. I was gutted. Didn't get to see the whole match as it was on in the middle of the night to 'protect' the players from the heat.
Observations:
Early mornings: This seems to be the time in the country. When I woke up, the train station was already mobbed and people seemed to be happy enough to be up at the evil hour of 6.30am! It is damn hot here, and so you need to get as much done in the morning as possible. It's a good job that I am a morning person!

1 Comments:
Early mornings, shade and skin cancer warnings... I think I'm going to have to abandon my 'when in Rome' mentality when I come and just be a Brit abroad since it may be another decade til I see sunlight again x
Post a Comment
<< Home