1 a girl with wanderlust: Job hunting begins

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Job hunting begins

17/01/07 – Wednesday

Today I got up early and went for a swim and then sat in the spa. How cools is that! Our apartment facilities rock!

Then nipped into town and posted some things (a new experience for Oz, just the same as back home, so nothing scandalous to report there) and decided to hit the job trail. Went into a local recruitment agency and although she said that she couldn’t help me because she only did permanent (I think a one year visa is permanent! But I’m sure most people don’t agree!) she was really helpful and friendly and even offered to look through my ‘resume’ and see if it was up to scratch for the Aussie market. I may just take her up on that.

Then I went to the library (nothing too our of the ordinary there either) to pick up some info about joining the library, book groups and walking routes. Got loads of info about local routes and what there is to see and do in the area which will be really useful for my (long!) runs and Zain’s biking. They are very organised here you know. Dead easy to get information on the things you need and where you want to go, plus everyone is really helpful.

Then into town proper (CBD) to look for a local English school to drop off my ‘resume’ to see if I could get some work as a language teacher. I went to University for 4 years and I swear to God, that my TEFL course (duration 1 month) has been more useful at securing work. Probably not the best admission or sign about Art college, but there you go.

Cheerio, X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home