1 a girl with wanderlust: I am an English teacher - again!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

I am an English teacher - again!

24/01/07 – Wednesday

Woke up this morning to the pishing rain. This was both a good thing and a bad thing. Good because it was easier to sleep when the heat is not like an oven and no darned crows (also good for the drought that is going on here); Bad because it was raining and hasn’t rained for 3 weeks! Nevermind, I can take it – I’m Scottish for goodness sake!

Hit the library again for more internetting and then headed into the CBD for my English teaching interview. In case I didn’t mention this before, it was because I was having a delusional moment where I thought going back to teaching would be a good idea. Well, turns out they really needed a teacher. I got the job. Hooray, good to get some money in the bank, and the job is actually temporary for the next week and maybe the week after (I'm covering for a guy whose wife has just had a baby), so there is still time for me to escape the teaching profession.

After planning the lesson, I headed out for lunch and then home to drop off my stuff and go to the beach. Went on the bus to Manly to see how long it will take for my sunny days off. Nice trip through some lovely neighbourhoods and then onto the beach for while. Not the best weather, but still lovely to be at the beach. Home to make dinner and watch the tennis (I might be becoming obsessional!)

Just in case you were concerned or interested, I watched the news tonight and they had a big feature about that fisherman who was attacked by a shark. He didn’t look too bad, but he was talking about how the shark, 3-4 meters long!, had had his whole upper body in his mouth and he had had to wriggle out to stab the shark in the eye and the shark had hovered around even after that and the fisherman thought he was going to loose his legs too. Such a lucky man. He even plans to go back to deep sea diving! Nutjob.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home