House hunting
06/01/07 - Saturday
Well today we have been house hunting. Zain got a phone call this morning about a place that we had been looking at online, and they had a viewing today, so we decided to check it out. It's in one of the places that we looked at and seemed like a really nice area.
The location is great and there are some good things about the apartement - like it has a balcony and an internal swimming pool plus gym. But (cos there is always a but!) it is the size of..a how you say..cupboard! and this is going to cost us $410 a week! yikes!!!!!!! Then we had a look at another place which was basically miles away from anything and it was about the same price (did have a pretty sweet view of the Harbour though) however, it looked like some sort of 'ho den - the furniture was pretty scaffy! Oh the joys...will keep on looking.
Spending the rest of the day chilling and drinking beers my friend...this may just be the life!
Top tip: Be nice to Estate agents, they will help you!
Cheerio, X

3 Comments:
Bloody hell Isla... Bridget Jones eat your heart out!! All you 'my spacers' and 'my bloggers' out there- I am a rookie to this and Isla's blog is the first I've read (Zain- yours will be the second ofcourse!)- I can't believe how much info you have given us so far. I have no questions to ask- can you believe it!! Quote from Jules' comments on Day 1- 'looking forward to being kept posted'- Jules, I don't think we need to worry just yet but I am sure she will get bored of 'the blog' eventually- Bridget Jones has officially moved to Oz! Isla, keep up the good work as it makes very interesting reading. This was my first day of reading and I didn't quite expect to have so much to catch up on!
By the way Happy New Year to you too- I know you had a good one! Take care, speak soon, love to Zain.
Sera xxxxx
PS- They do that 'following round the shop' thing in Turkey too and the 'I'm just looking' line doesn't work there either but I put it down to trying to either a) catching shop lifters or b) a great way of getting you to make a purchase cos they leave you alone after they realise you are going to buy something!!
PPS- I didn't realise I needed a google e.mail to leave you messages and as I am currently happy with hotmail I will just use Tevfik's gmail account to leave comments. Just so you don't get confused and start e.mailing him instead of me!!!
Hello Luvvie, OOOooohhhh I'm s jealous. We would love yo be over there right now. Weather here is alright but not as grand as Sydney. In the words of a VERY famous man, 'Sydney is my 2nd favourite city after Brodick!' (famous man being Stuartie).
Do me a favour, chill out in Hyde park, have a beer in the William Hotel, (great thai food upstairs and a cocktail bar) and then rock on up to Kings Cross if your feeling brave. Oohh so many lovely things to see and do, the museum just by Hyde park is really good and loads of funky shops and stuff in Oxford St. Good luck on finding a place, I know how hard it can be but you'll find one soon. (then we can come and test out the couch)
Thanks ladies. Really good to hear from you both. Don't think there will be any risk of me not keeping this up though! Zain is mad for it, and I confess to liking the blogging too!! Plus it will be a great record of the year with photos too (need to get a site though - you will be the first to know!!). Come and stay soon!! XXXX
Post a Comment
<< Home