1 a girl with wanderlust: Home sweet home

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Home sweet home

14/01/07 – Sunday

Our first morning in the new place. Awesome. Both Zain and I had a bit of a dodgy sleep, what with the crazy air bed and the new place noises that you always get, but it definitely felt good to be waking up at ‘home’. Another action packed day ahead of us.

First of all we have to get a bed. Thankfully near us there is a place I have nicknamed ‘the bed mile’ – there are so many bed shops, and we went to them all. It was actually quite difficult to chose a bed and mattress as we had to keep thinking about what we can afford and the fact that you should get a good bed! After going to every shop (you know how it is) we did actually get a bed which we both really like and it was part of an excellent package which gave us some good extras too. Yipee! We are happy little bed owners; I have never bought a bed before! So it gets delivered in about a week to 10 days; so a few more nights on the blow up, but thank God we have that, and then it is sweet dreams with our delicious new bed.

Then it was all action stations to hit IKEA again. What a pain in the arse it is going all the way out there, but what a lifesaver at the same time. Unfortunately for us, there is some rail work being done, so the line we could normally have gotten was off, hence we now need to take a bus and 2 trains to get where we need to be! Nevermind, they have what we know that we need. After much fraught wandering around, checking that the stuff we wanted was carriable and affordable, we were set. We will now have towels that will not dye you blue when you use them (we bought cheap beach towels the other day when we went to the beach and when I used it yesterday, I was dyed blue – excellent!) and almost more to the point we will have something to sit on! You would never believe how much you miss a seat! We now have 2 white folding chairs and there is more to come.

Tomorrow, it is changing rooms once again and I will be off hunting in all the charity shops to see if I can get us a sofa and dining table and hopefully get them delivered too.

Tonight for the first time this trip, we didn’t go out for dinner and it felt great. We used the oven and had pizza. Maybe not the best thing for you, but it felt good to have some food at home and a nice cold beer sitting out on the balcony on our solitary chair (we realised that one of the chairs was a bit damaged when we got it home and so I will have to take it back tomorrow – arg!). But thankfully Zain is a gentleman and I got the chair!

Both of us are knackered and as there is only 1 chair and a bed, I am going to bed to get an early night. Yawn…X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home