Furniture quest continues...
15/01/07 – Monday
Today was manic. It was furniture/furnishing crazy. I practically scouted out all of Sydney’s charidee shops – both catholic and salvation army, I’m sure you will be glad to know I don’t leave anyone out!! And I found us a sofa. This is some serious good news. In fact, it’s a sofa bed, but it’s pretty comfy and it will fit in the flat which is our most important criteria at the moment, that and it will stop us having to sit on the floor to watch our newly delivered TV.
Also we got the white goods delivered! Yippee! I’m not sure I have been so excited about inanimate electrical objects in such a long time. Now we can wash our clothes, and keep water (and beer) cold and a TV, so that we can watch crappy Australian council tele (which is really just old reruns of British stuff and all the new American stuff).
I also made another pilgrimage to IKEA. Not again I hear you cry! Yes! I’m afraid it’s true. I had to go back to change the damaged chair we got and picked up some lamps and also a vase for my lovely flowers. Flowers from mum were delivered today. Absolutely stunning and smell divine. Such a nice treat to have flowers in the house. Thanks mum!
Observations:
Midriff – it just doesn’t exist here. Lesson to be learned by the bonnie lassies of Glasgow methinks!
House Spiders: These are black, about the size of a 50p or smaller and occupy your house, window crevices etc. They also happen to be lethal: they can kill you in 20 seconds. Great news for me of course! Really looking forward to swatting one of those buggers.

2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anti-sectarian secondhand shopping - fantastic!
x
Post a Comment
<< Home